This weekend I will be setting up my window display at T’Arts. The theme is “Something new from something old”, and it’s coming together really nicely (I think)! I have all sorts of new things from old things. When I say old “things” I mean –
- I have cut up a necklace from an exhibition and made new necklaces and bracelets with the beads, and also made some new beads and jewellery to go with it all. There is no point crying about work that doesn’t sell during an exhibition. You can either hold onto it, try to sell it somewhere else, or just cut it up and start again.
- I have made a collection of jewellery from a Bombay Sapphire Gin bottle. There are all sorts of new necklaces, bracelet and earrings to see (along with some old favourite pieces too). I love making beads from recycled glass, and this is one of my favourites.
- I have thought about my favourite exhibition of all times, and it was my “10,000 Red Glass Beads” exhibition that I put together for SALA 2012. I loved everything about that exhibition, and I wanted to revisit some of my ideas from that, but with a 2016 feel!
- I also have some new work! Yay. I’ve thought a lot about how much I love playing with colour, and I have made a series of contrasting necklaces. I won’t reveal too much more, but let’s just say I have had a LOT of fun making these new necklaces.
- Oh, then I will be decorating the window with….no, I’m not going to tell you about that just yet. Let’s just say that our puppy has destroyed a few library books and rather than throwing them out, I have put them to use.
Hope you are having a great week.