As you know I’ve been madly working on my “Upper Glass” exhibition for SALA. We set up on Thursday, and the exhibition opens on Friday August 2 at 5.00pm. Local Images at Penola are hosting my exhibition, and I can’t wait to see it all hanging.
I have to show you my favourite piece. I made this from a Tally wine bottle from the Balnaves of Coonawarra winery. The colour is stunning, and I have etched alternate beads for contrast. The little green beads in between add to the fantastic colour.
As part of my SALA exhibition “Upper Glass” I set myself the challenge of making beads from a “Tally” wine bottle from the Balnaves of Coonawarra winery. The challenge was to use ALL of the glass from the bottle, and make all sorts of beads.
It took a few torch sessions to make all of the beads that I could possibly make and the end result was: 274 beads!
Now to make the jewellery!
I will be setting up my “Upper Glass” SALA exhibition at Local Images in Penola!
Very excited about the work I am doing, and I can’t wait to see it all hanging.
I remember travelling to New York many years ago, visiting one of the art museums there, and seeing a Kandinsky “Concentric Circles in Squares” painting. I was transfixed by the colours and movement in the painting. I wanted to buy the painting! I settled for a postcard.
Anyone who knows me, knows that I love dots and circles, so it’s probably no surprise that this painting became the inspiration behind a collection of jewellery that I started making. My Kandinsky collection. I’ve made assorted earrings, necklaces and bracelets for many years now. Here are some pictures of bracelets that I’ve made in various colours (thanks to Urban Cow for the photo):
However this year I was challenged to do something a little bit different for the T’Arts SALA exhibition, so I started playing with the idea a bit more, and created these beads which I will make into pendants. I’m excited about the colours in the beads, and the interactions with the background colours, and I can’t wait to see where these new pendants go in terms of experimenting with the design.
- I was madly getting ready for my “10,000 Red Glass Beads” SALA exhibition (I think I’ve made another 10,000 red beads since then)!
- I was very pregnant with my son, Finn (now 10 months old).
- We were getting ready to have a short holiday in Robe (didn’t know it until we left, but that holiday made us seriously think about moving to the South East where we now live)!
- My little girl was 3.5 and pretty amazing (now she’s 4.5 and an even more amazing kindy kid).
- Planning a wedding (now we’ve been happily married over 6 months).
Wow, what a year it has been since then.
Right now I am:
- madly getting ready for my “Upper Glass” SALA exhibition at Local Images Art Gallery in Penola
- kept pretty busy with my 2 kids
- living in Mount Gambier
- looking forward to having my husband home for the next couple of weeks so I can get some work done!