I have wanted to make a crochet necklace for at least 5 years! All sorts of things have stopped me.
- Time. There never really is enough time.
- Not really knowing how to make a necklace like this.
- Not really knowing why to make a necklace like this.
- Not really knowing what I would do with a necklace like this!
There were probably more reasons than this, but these things definitely stopped me from “having a go”.
I realised in my yearly creative challenge that I had started making things that I like to make a lot – BRACELETS! It was time to make something that really stretched me out of my comfort zone. Without further ado, I present the crochet necklace that I made today, embellished with beads I made from Harlequin Glassware!
What did I learn from today?
- Trying something new didn’t kill me! Hooray!
- I still don’t know what I am going to do with this necklace, but I will start by wearing it!
- It was easier than I thought it was going to be! There were loads of different tutorials online, but after looking at a couple of them I just ended up doing my own thing.
Right, now I’m off to find something else that has been on my list of things to try that I have not yet tried!