A bit of a fail

Today I have a bit of a “fail” to share with you.

Before Christmas I was given several really pretty blue perfume bottles. You can see the colour in the picture below, it’s a bit like the Bombay Sapphire Gin bottle colour.

When I was given these bottles I had a feeling that they would not stay true to their colour. I have used pretty coloured glass before, and have found it to be painted on, rather than part of the actual colour of the glass.

So, when I made some test beads with one of the bottles, I was not really surprised to see the colour burn out of them. I still made a few, just in case, tried a few different ways of making them, just to be sure….but when I opened the kiln, this is what I found. Still pretty beads, but not really what I had been hoping for!