Yesterday I was looking through some old photos of my jewellery. I came across some old work that I had made for a Flame On exhibition at Kirra Galleries. The earrings were asymmetrical and I really liked them. I think most of the earrings sold from that exhibition, so it made me wonder why I hadn’t made more like them, or even remotely similar to them. This morning as I was trawling through my beads, trying to find pairs that matched for earrings….I had a sudden realisation….I didn’t have to match them if I was going to make them asymmetrical. Yay, that made it easier to find some lovely beads that all kind of worked together, hence this pair of earrings:
I made some beads recently, to test a new type of frit and I could not get any of the beads the same size! Luckily I had two hoops leftover from a recent batch of earrings that were also not quite the same size….so here is the pair of earrings that I made using beads and hoops that didn’t quite match!